Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Long Time Gone

It has been about a month since my last post. The last month seems to have gotten away from me - with the wrapping up of the school year, celebrating prayer week, and just running through life as a whole - it has been a little crazy:)

And summer will not be any slower. We are starting some new studies, a sermon series, new youth programs, and the list just goes on and on.

But one of the things that has not gotten away from me is family time. I may miss blogging for a bit, I may forget to write a letter or two - but time with family is of the utmost importance to me. So I still make sure to get home in time to read some books, go to the library on a Saturday morning, and run and play in the park as the girls squeal with joy. These are things that help to ground me and give me life.

So what is it that grounds you? What is it that gives you life and inspires you on a daily basis?

People often say that summer is a time to slow down but I have noticed summer seems to be busier than any other time of the year. So as we enter into this summer, take some time and discover what it is that builds you up. Reflect on the things that give you the energy you need to make it through the day or the week. And make time for the important things and important people in your life. God is all about relationships - may your relationships be strengthen in and through him.

No comments: