Thursday, October 9, 2008

Back from leave

As you may have noticed, I have not posted anything for the past couple of weeks. Our second child came a few days earlier than we expected, and I have been at home for two weeks adjusting to the new life we have with us. Scarlett Deborah was born on Sept. 24, and she is a true blessing in our lives. Everyone is doing well, and Sierra is loving being a big sister. She wakes up and the first thing she wants to do is hold her sister. It is a joy to watch these two and the love that is shared between them.

And as it is throughout life, these blessings bring with them change. Change in the amount of sleep we are getting. Change in our daily schedules. Change in our lives as a whole. And it is a wonderful change, I must say.

So last night, as I was up late feeding Scarlett, I looked down at this little girl and was overcome with emotion. In my hands was a little, 6 pound blessing, and with her came a whole new set of responsibilites and changes in my life. But what I saw at that moment was pure grace. A little girl who can only eat, sleep, and fill diapers (which she fills plenty of:). But even though she cannot "do" anything, she brings a new sensation to others. All you have to do is look at her, hold her, and you are given this warm feeling that all is right with the world. No matter what is happening out there, in here, with her in your arms, there is only joy and grace and love.

So today, as I came back to work, I left this child at home with her loving mother, and I miss her in amazing ways. Life has changed for me, and it has changed for good. Now I am getting ready to go home and have lunch with her, and I will hug, kiss, and rock her as much as I can. Knowing that these moments will not last forever.

So today, may you be blessed with the joy of change in your life. May you see grace and love in those you meet. And may you always know that God is holding you in his hands, rocking you, loving you, and showering you with his grace.

No comments: