Thursday, October 16, 2008

Humor

Humor is such a wonderful thing. It helps to bring joy during times of struggle and lifts a person up when they are feeling down.

Humor also gives life. Last night I was up late waiting to feed Scarlett before I went to bed, and there was nothing on TV to watch, so I checked in on my facebook account. While I was there, one of Jennifer's friends was on-line, and we started chatting, via Jennifer's page. By the end of the conversation I was laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes. Being able to laugh like that feels so good, and brings so much joy to my life.

But there are so many times when it is hard to laugh. Times when we are going through struggles, times when we are facing different pains, times when the world seems to be closing in on us. And it is during these times that we need people in our lives who bring a little joy, a little hope, and help us to see that there is more to life than the current struggle we are facing.

So I search out joy wherever I can. I try to find people who see the bright side of life and see true joy. It is not that I just pass over the bad things, but rather I work through them with people who make me smile.

So today, may you be blessed with people in your life who make you smile. May you be lifted up with joy and humor, always knowing that God is walking with you and he desires to see your smile as well. And may you laugh out loud, and feel the healing power of humor in your life.

No comments: