Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Challenge

A couple of weeks ago a pastor in the area issued a challenge to me - six months to see which of us can lose the most weight. I readily accepted it and have been in the gym pushing my body at least three times a week since then.

As many of you know, weight has often been an issue for me. And now, with this challenge, I am being held accountable by someone else, which is a good thing. As the time goes on I will update you to let you know how it is going.

The body is a wonderful gift, and we have the responsibility to take care of this gift. At times in my life I have lived up to this responsibility quite well, at others times I have not. So as I move forward with this I offer words of encouragement to you as well - get out for a walk, have an apple rather than the cookie that is on the counter, pair up with a friend and do something healthy together. Take some time to take care of your body and you will feel much better for it in the long run.

No comments: