Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Cancer Confirmed

So about 20 minutes ago I got the news I expected, but was hoping wouldn't come. The spots on my bones are cancer, and it is the same lung cancer from two years ago. I knew this was coming, but seeing the report and hearing the words, again, don't make it any easier.

Tomorrow morning I will meet with my oncologist and probably start taking my new pill. I am still very hopeful about this pill and the results it has had for others.

Monday morning I will meet with the radiation oncologist and probably set up a schedule for 25 sessions of radiation. He is looking into how radiation and this new pill will interact with each other before he starts anything.

So the waiting is over, and now, at least I can do something.

More to come later after I process all this.

No comments: