Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting



So I met with my oncologist today, and the word of the day is waiting.

Yup, I get to wait for another 10 days before I can start taking my pill. He wants the radiation to get out of my system before I take it, and that takes two weeks. So on Friday, June 15th I can start taking the pill.

As I told him, I am chomping at the bit to get going with this, but he wants to make sure that everything is okay.

I understand, I really do, but come on! I am getting tired of waiting.

The rest of the visit went fine. All of my numbers are good, there are no other issues going on with me. So all of that was positive.

I did get another shot that helps to harden my bones. I get those every month now, luckily they are not painful at all.

I also set up another visit in a month and a PET scan in two months. That PET scan is the biggie, it will let me know how well the pills are working.

So that is the news today. More to come I am sure.

No comments: