Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What a week


It has been a crazy week, and the stress level isn't going to be dropping much in the next few days.

Last weekend I got to preside at a wonderful wedding, and it was a joyful experience. Once the service was over I took a flight out to North Carolina.

A friend of mine from high school and his wife were expecting a child, and then the unthinkable happened and they lost the child to pre-term labor. I went out to do a memorial service with them. It was a blessing I could be there, but the reason why was awful.

After the service I flew back home just in time for National Night Out at the church, which was a wonderful celebration of community.

Today I am doing a few catch up things, and then tomorrow I get to have another PET Scan.

This is the test they will do to see how well my new magic pill is working on the cancer.

Yeah, nerves are a little high this week,

The scan is tomorrow afternoon, and then I wait to meet with the doctor and get results Friday at 11:00 am.

That is going to be a long few hours.

I am going in with high hopes. I still have no pain, the side effects are still happening, so I know that the pill is doing something, and I feel pretty good all around.

So I am hopeful about what is going on with the medication. But I am still nervous.

And how do I get to spend my Thursday evening as I wait for results - at a Congregation Board Meeting :)

So over the next few days I will be taking my own advice, relaxing as much as I can, spending time doing things I enjoy with people I enjoy, and celebrating this gift of life we have.

Prayers are always appreciated and I will report back on Friday.

No comments: