Sunday, May 25, 2008

Starbucks

One of my weaknesses is coffee - and I mean good coffee and some of the fun flavors that go with it. Every once in awhile I will make a trip to the local Starbucks for a Mocha and sit back and enjoy that treat.

Yesterday Jennifer was tied up all day with sermon writing and a wedding, so Sierra and I had the day together. We did some cleaning, since my mom has come to visit for a week, picked up some supplies, and played at a park. Then we made a trip to Starbucks. Sierra loves to go there as well, because of the Strawberries and Creme drink she gets as a treat occasionally.

After we got our drinks, we went home and sat in the backyard, enjoying the sunshine, our drinks, and our time together. It was a wonderful morning.

As we were sitting on the deck, I looked over at her as she had this little drink that looked massive in her hands, sipping through a straw, sitting at her princess table, and I got a wee bit emotional. This little girl, full of energy and always wanting to please her dad, is growing up so fast. It seems like just yesterday when I sat rocking her in my arms trying to get her to stop crying and go to sleep, so I could get some sleep.

When we finished we went back inside and she helped to clean the house, wiping tables, picking up, and trying to fold my clothes. As I watched her I was reminded of the words Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me."

We are all God's children, and God is that loving father who watches over us, and I am sure gets emotional, as we grow up. He sees us try new things, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. He weeps with us when we are in pain. He celebrates with us when we are happy and filled with joy. But most of all, he loves us, for we are his children and we always will be.

So today, as Sierra plays with her grandma, and runs around with all that energy I wish I could bottle up for myself, may we all know that we are loved unconditionally by God. May we celebrate that love, and grow in our relationship with him. For we are loved, cared for, and needed by the one who created all.

No comments: