Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Web

Over the past few months, the church has been working on ways to reach out to others on the web (one of the resons this blog started). Well, as we have been doing that I have been learning more and more about what is available out there, and it is pretty amazing.

One of the more recent additions has been a "Facebook" page for the church. This is a place where we can go and connect with others on the web. We can use it as a social network, or even to send out messages about what is going on in the church or plan events with others. All of this is really helpful when trying to connect with others.

So after our intern, Amy, got the facebook up and running, I decided to set up one for myself. So I went through all the steps, and started inviting "friends" to join with me. It was amazing - in a matter of minutes I was getting e-mails and notes from people I haven't seen in 15 years. Reconnecting is becoming a lot of fun.

When reconnecting with others, I have had many memories come flooding back - some good, some not so good, and some very embarrasing. It is one of those that when we look back on life and see everything we have done, it is a wonder how some of us survived.

The good news is that not only did we survive, but hopefully we learned from it as well. And this learning, this growing, has helped to mold us into the people we are today.

So today, my prayer is that you will celebrate your memories and friendships, that you will continue to learn and grow in your lives, and that you will always remember that you are a blessed and loved child of God.

No comments: