Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Peace

Last Monday I went out Christmas shopping - trying to find all those gifts and not wait until the last minute to do the mad dash to the stores. And one of the things that always troubles me when shopping, esp this time of year is the lines. People are stacked five or six deep with only two lines open, and the person ahead of me always seems to have a problem with the credit card machine or the price of an item. Monday was no exception.

So as I drove home, with half of the list complete, I was still a little upset about waiting in line for so long and not being able to get everything. So I turned on the radio, and flipped to a country station, and on came the song "My Hallelujah Song." As I listened to it I was reminded of the blessings that I have in my life and the joy that this season is supposed to be about.

I don't know about you, but there are many times in my life that I long for peace. I long to have that quite moment where everything slows down and I can just relax in the moment. And I am always amazed when those "God moments" come upon me and I am given that peace at unexpected times like in the car driving home from shopping.

And when those moments come upon me, I am reminded to look for them at other points in my life as well - like in the smile of a child, the touch of my wife, and the beauty of snow falling. For God is at work in the world, in both the little and the big things.

So today, may you be blessed with God moments in your life. May you see the hand of God at work in the little things you are doing. And may you always know that God is there, with you, traveling the same paths you are walking.

No comments: