Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Diving into Job

Tonight we started a Bible study on the Book of Job (we are doing the same thing on Thursday at noon if anyone is interested). So I read through the book again and was reminded of how this was such a troubling book for me.

I have always struggled with the idea of bad things happening to good people - as I believe most of us have. But I also know the realities of life, and I know that bad things do happen to good people. As we have started this book on of the things that really stood out to me were the three friends of Job. Later on they are problematic, but at the beginning, they do just what I like to see friends do - they come and sit with Job as he is going through a difficult time.

Having friends like that is a true treasure. Having someone who will come and just be with you as you endure trials and struggles is a true gift. I have a few of these friendships, and I treasure them.

So today, I invite you to think about the people who have come and sat with you during difficult times. Think about the support and live you have been given. Then let them know. So often we take these friendships for granted - let's try not to do that anymore.

No comments: