Tuesday, September 1, 2009

90 Day Challenge

At Our Savior's we have started a 90 Day Bible Challenge. The Challenge is to read through the entire Bible in 90 days. We have reading guides and a ning site set up to facilitate discussion as we strive to read through this book of faith in a fairly short amount of time.

For me, this is a wonderful challenge. In the past I have read through the entire Bible, but it has been over a much longer period of time and sometimes the stories have lost a bit of heir power when they are broken up rather than read as a whole. This pushes me to dive back in and read these life-giving stories in their entirety in a much shorter period of time.

It also helps to focus me. Too often I get tied up on the busy-ness of church work that my devotion time is shortened. This forces me to take half and hour every day to dive in and live with Scripture again, something I love to do.

So if you are interested in joining us in this challenge, let me know and I will get info to you. Have a blessed day.

No comments: