Friday, September 4, 2009

Grace

As we have been reading through the Bible in the Bible Challenge, I have come back to some gems that I had not spent a lot of time with recently. And it always amazes me how I see something new in the Scriptures, even if it is a story that I have read over and over again.

Today we covered the story of Joseph, and in reading through it this time my mind hung on the word "redeem." Even in the most difficult of times that Joseph faced, God was with him, empowering him, redeeming him, and using him to redeem others.

It is a reminder to me that God is a God of grace. He blesses us over and over again, sometimes without us even realizing it until after the fact. Even in the lowest points of our lives, or maybe especially then, God is there - lifting us up and giving us what we need to make it through those "valleys of the shadow of death."

So today, I invite you to reflect on the grace God has showered on you. Reflect on the blessings you have been given, and take some time to reflect on the ways God has entered into your life.

No comments: