Thursday, September 30, 2010

Steps Forward

Since the end of my treatments I have been attending a 5:15 am workout class at the Y 3 days a week. I really enjoy it, it has been a wonderful reminder of how out of shape I am. I remember when I used to do these same exercises in high school, and oh to be in that kind of shape again! But it does feel good to be back at it, and even though it is so early in the morning, I am a morning person by nature and love be up at that time of day.

It is also nice to be able to see the progress I make every time I am there. Some of the things that I could not do three weeks ago, I can do now. Every step is a step forward.

And that has been a bit of a theme for me as of late - steps forward. I have slowly been coming out of my treatment mentality of "what's next" when it comes to treatment and am moving forward with "what's next" in life. To be able to focus on the celebrations, the joys, the little things and not have my mind constantly thinking about the next treatment - that is a step forward as well.

I have also taken the time to write this whole journey down. That had some closure with it as well - being able to look back and see all that has happened, the steps forward that have been taken, and where I am now. Every step has been a positive one. Now I am trying to shop it out to publishers.

For me, so much of this has had to do with attitude - being able to see the positive, the blessings, the good things that have happened. And being able to take the next steps forward, celebrating each one on the way.

May you be blessed with joyful steps forward today.

No comments: