Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics

I love the Olympics, the problemis that it affects my sleep cycle. I stay up late, watching as many events as I can, the cycle to ESPN in the morning as I try to catch up on what I missed.

As i watched the opening ceremonies, I was, like so many others, amazed at the show. The teamwork f so many people, the pagentry of the show, and the technology that was used was hugely impressive.

As I watched one of the things that impressed me the most was how the 15,000 people invovled worked so well together. I know that it took hundreds of hours of practice, but they seemed to move flawlessly from one amazing show to another.

Isn't it amazing how the gifts we are given, when honed, can do such impressive work?

This week I have been talking a lot about gifts in a Bible study - how we are blessed with so many different talents and passions in our lives, and when we use these gifts we not only bless others, but we also feel great about ourselves. When we do what we are good at, what we are passionate about, what we have been gifted with - we are using the gifts we have been given and honoring God at the same time.

So today, may you be blessed to spend time doing what you love, blessing others with your gifts, and enjoy your gifts and talents.

No comments: