Friday, April 3, 2009

Lent and all that

I know that it has been a long time since I have put anything up here - and I apologize for that. The season and everything else has come crashing down on me and the blogging has just gotten away from me. So today I want to put down some random thoughts about the different steps I have been taking over the last month.

Step 1 - stepping into Lent towards Easter

This is always a busy time of year for me. All the extra sermons, worship services, and everything else that comes crashing onto my plate. The thing is, I really love this time of year. Changing up things, devoting time to reflect on the journey that Christ made for us, preparing for the Easter season - i love all this because it pulls me back into the heart of faith. Every year, when I feel overwhelmed I sit in worship, sing Holden Evening Prayer, and travel with Christ as he prepares the make the ultimate sacrifice for us.

Step 2 - Hospital trips

Our church has been having a bunch of people diagnosed with cancer lately. Taking steps with these people is painful, yet it is also a time when I see the face of Christ shining in their lives as well. Others step up, offer help, and bring a little joy into the lives of those who are struggling.

Step 3 - always trying to move forward

Those of you who know me know that I don't do well just sitting back. I am always trying to look forward and find new ways to reach out with God's love in the lives of others. Over the past month I have had the opportunity to take steps with people as they dream big dreams and start to put those dreams int action. It is a true blessing to be a part of their steps as well.

So as we continue taking our steps to the cross and beyond, may you be blessed to see Christ stepping with you - giving you all that you need and empowering you to step out boldly.

No comments: