Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Confirmation

This year I started teaching confirmation in January. Jennifer had it all fall, teaching the Old Testament, this winter and spring I get the new testament. After a few sessions with this group I realized what a great class we have this year. They are bright, enthusiastic, and willing to talk and ask questions. They are a real breath of fresh air.

It also awakened in me the joy of learning once again. For a number of years confirmation was just teaching a few of the basics to the class. This year, they have the basics down and want to go deeper and learn more. So I had to redo my own schedule, and do a little more research as well. I realized how much I miss being able to do that - to read, study, and grow in my own educational life.

It also served as a reminder to me to never stop reading and learning. There are times when things seem to be going so fast - the work life is so busy - that I just don't make the time to read for educational purposes. So this year I have a stack of books in my office and try to read a little every day. What a joy it is to have that time and continue learning from others.

So I invite you to do the same - pick a topic you want to learn more about, check out a book or DVD, and just have some fun. What a blessing it is to be able to grow every day of our lives.

No comments: