Sunday, March 16, 2008

Joy

This weekend we announced to our congregation that we are expecting our second child in September. We are all very excited about this, and our daughter asked today how she could help with the new baby. We told her there were many ways she could help - from playing with the baby, to helping us take care of the new one, to reading and singing to him/her.

One thing I have noticed over the years is that whenever I get to share something joyful in my life, it often helps others to see the joy in theirs as well. Joy is contagious - and it brings light into those sometimes dark places. We have been truly blessed, and it is wonderful when we get to share our blessings with others.

Tomorrow we get to go and hear the heartbeat of the our new child for the first time. I remember that day four years ago with our daughter, and I am as excited now as I was then.

My prayer today is that you will see the joy and blessings in your life, and find ways to share that joy with others.

1 comment:

Betty Dygart said...

I could feel the excitement and joy in the church with the announcement. Yes, joy is contagious and this coming joy means so much to the vibrancy of our congregation.

Thank God for the coming of the Jelineks to Our Savior's Lutheran Church!!