Tuesday, July 1, 2008

vacation part 2

We have returned from a wonderful week of R and R. We went to the LaCrosse area and camped for the week. We rented an RV for the first time and it was a good experience for everyone. We also had a couple of friends from MN (Sierra's godparents) join us for the weekend, and the pastor who ordained me now serves in LaCrosse, so we had a night to catch up with him. All in all it was a very nice trip.

On the last morning we were there, Mitch, Sierra, and I went out fishing. Sierra was given a little pink, princess fishing pole a few months ago from me and she wanted to show Mitch how good she was at casting. So we spent a few hours tossing her line into the water, and she got very excited whenever she reeled in a weed on her line. I loved the look of pure joy on her face when she made a good cast and the squeals of delight when she yelled out to Mitch to see how well she was doing.

Isn't it amazing how important the little things are in life?

As we drove back and Sierra napped in the RV, I thought back to the many fishing trips our family took when I was growing up. It was wonderful family bonding time, and the memories will stay with me forever. I only hope that Sierra will have such fond memories as well.

As we continue through this summer time, my goal is to take things a little bit slower and not rush as much. I want to enjoy the little things more and more, for I know that this time is fleeting. The beauty of creation is a true gift, and I don't want to miss it (well, I don't mind missing the gnats and other bugs, I am still not sure of their place in creation:).

So tonight, as I listen to the peeps coming from Sierra's room, I pray that we all may awaken the warm memories of childhood, and celebrate the gift of the loved ones in our lives.

Also, I have seen that the Prayer Room in the church has been completed in our absence. So tomorrow I will write more about that.

No comments: