Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Health and Wellness

At our church we started a Health and Wellness program last week. The program consists of exercise classes offered at the church, a class on health and diet, opportunities to chart weight loss, and we are letting people "pay" for the classes and weigh ins by donating food that goes to a local food pantry. The turn out for it has been wonderful, with over 2 dozen people participating in various ways.

For me, this is a great way to be held accountable, and that is a good thing. I am one who has struggled with weight loss for years, and to have a group of people to work with and see what I am doing is a good thing because it keeps me focused. The first week I dropped 5 pounds, and I will keep you updated as to how I am doing here as well.

Health and wellness is something that affects all of us - whether it be the need to lose a few pounds, or eat healthier, or just get some exercise. Our bodies are a gift, and we need to take care of them and honor them as the gifts that they are.

So today, I invite you to take some time and look at your life. Where are some ways that you can grow in the area of health and wellness? What are some small steps you can take to improve your gift of the body? And who can you take these steps with on order to grow on your journey?

No comments: