Wednesday, January 25, 2012

52 Weeks of Joy - Medical Tests



I know, viewing medical tests as a joy is a little odd, but hear me out :)

Back on January 1 the vision in my left eye started to get a little distorted. Things looked smaller and darker than they had before. So within 24 hours I say a doctor and he didn't see anything wrong.

Things did not get better, so by the end of the week I saw another doctor and he thought I had an edema in the back of my eye, but with my cancer history he wanted to run more tests.

So the following week I saw an expert and he said that yes, it was probably Central Serous Retinopathy, the edema in the back of my eye. But, with my history ... you can see where this is going.

So today I was in Madison at an eye clinic having more tests run. By the end of all the tests it  appears to be Central Serous Retinopathy. It should heal itself within three months, and there does not appear to be a tumor. All good things.

So here is the joy - it is because of the doctors and the tests that they ran that I am able to sleep better at night. What I have is something that will heal itself, and if it wasn't there would have been treatments available.

So how about you - ever had a medial test turn into a time of joy?

No comments: