Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Prayer


One of the resolutions I often hear about almost every January is that people want to improve their prayer life or their devotional life as a whole. And I do have to admit that there are times that my prayer life is like a roller coaster as well - times I am very active in prayer and other times that it slips to the side.

One of the tools that I use to help get myself back on track or enhance where I am is called TAPS prayers.  TAPS prayers are a fairly simple way to think about who we are prayer for and how we can be involved in this conversation with God that is called prayer.

Here is what it stands for:

T - Thanksgiving - Giving thanks to God for the blessings in our lives
A - Ask - Asking God for what we need in our lives
P - Praise - Praising God for being the God of grace, forgiveness and love that he is
S - Supplication - praying for others

Then, after going through the TAPS prayers you would take some time in silence to listen to what God has to say to you.

Do you have any favorite ways to pray?


No comments: