Tuesday, February 28, 2012

52 Weeks of Joy - Social Media


For those of you who know me, you know I am big into technology, especially when it comes to ways to connect with others. Facebook and Twitter are two of the outlets I use on a regular basis, and I read blogs galore to learn more about so many different issues.

And today I am looking at all of the Social Media stuff as one of the great joys in my life. The reason that this is such a great joy for is that it is all about the connection, all about the relationships. And as anyone who has ever heard me or read my stuff knows, relationships are essential to me.

Example - Last week in worship I noticed two young ladies who were new to the service. So I went up and introduced myself to them and it turns out that one of them had lung cancer surgery exactly one year after I did by the same surgeon. She had found my book somewhere, found out where I was through the websites out there, and wanted to come and talk with me. So after the service we all went out to lunch and shared in a great conversation.

That relationship started because of some social media links that we had. And that is why social media is my joy for the week.

What are your feelings about social media?

No comments: