Wednesday, February 1, 2012

52 Weeks of Joy - Love



O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good,
for his steadfast love endures forever.
                                                            Psalm 136:1

As I read through this psalm not too long ago, my eyes were drawn to the word “love.” Love is a powerful emotion, and it has enhanced my life in mind-boggling ways. Thinking about love pulls me to my family – my wife Jennifer and our girls, Sierra and Scarlett. These three give me life. They shower me with love and hugs and kisses every day. It is near impossible to have a bad day when a little girl climbs on my lap, kisses me on the cheek, and asks to have a book read to her. Yes, love is powerful and I experience it in this gift of family.

So today I am celebrating the joy of love and family. I am thankful for the blessings they have given me, for the support and nurture that I need. I am thankful for the difficult days that I have with them, because in the struggles the bonds of love grow stronger and the celebration are all that more joyful. I am truly blessed with this family, and thankful for them.

No comments: