Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Beloved


This afternoon I led two services at nursing homes in town. During the services I focused on Mark 1 - the baptism of Jesus. The part that stuck with me, and what I centered the service on, was where God spoke from heaven and said, "This is my Son, the beloved, with him I am well pleased."

It stuck with me because this is the same thing that God says to us - this is my child, my son, my daughter ... this is my beloved, and with you I am well pleased.

And he is pleased with us not because of what we have done or not done in our lives, but rather he is pleased with us because of who we are - his children. This love of his is so great that he will always be our God, and even when we make mistakes, when we falter and fail, he still loves us. He loves us because we are his and always will be.

So listen again as God calls to you - you are my child, you are my beloved, and with you God is well pleased.

No comments: