Friday, March 26, 2010

MRI - Check!

Okay, I got through the MRI fairly well. I did the open MRI down in Rockford and I am glad that I did. I was able to have my arms out to the side and even though the plate above me was very close to my face, I kept my eyes closed and didn't freak out at all. I was in there for about an hour and 20 minutes, so God and I had a great talk.

After the MRI the tech came in and said that even though she is not a radiologist, she did not see anything that looked negative, so that is good news as well. This is not something I want to do on a regular basis, but it was worth it so that we can move forward with the rest of the treatments that are necessary.

So I have one work up left. On Monday I go to Madison and do my pre-op work-up, and then I am done until the surgery on April 15th. I am continually amazed at how much has happened in such a short period of time. My first doctor appointment was on March 1, so March has been a bit crazy with appointments and tests. it will be nice to have about 3 weeks off and out of doctor's offices.

Right now I am very upbeat about everything. The surgeon gave me a lot of hope, and I trust that through all of this that God will continue to bless me and the people around me with the strength and healing that is needed. I know that I have been put on a lot of prayer chains and have people all over the world praying for me, and for this I am very grateful. I will continue to need all the prayers I can get as we enter into the treatment stage.

And thanks to everyone for all your well-wishes and support. You are a true blessing to me, Jennifer, and the girls.

More updates to come later.

1 comment:

Hoakie said...

Sounds like the best possible news. Prayers are still being sent your way everyday. I'm glad you can have some quality time with family before the surgery. Stay strong brother, we are all pulling for you.

~Hoakie