Monday, March 15, 2010

Schedule for the Week

Now that the shock is starting to wear off a little bit for me (oh, it is still there, but not as much as it was a few days ago), I am now looking forward to the next steps that have to be taken to deal with this cancer.

This week I have two tests scheduled. Both of these are to see how fit I am for surgery. From what the doctor said, these tests are normally done for people in their 70's and I should have no trouble at all with them.

On Tuesday I have a stress test, so I will get to play on a treadmill for a while - I am wondering if I can put on the I-pod and listen to a little "Chicken Fried" while walking and running.

On Friday I have a breathing test. This will take about an hour, they say. I have already done one of these on a much smaller scale and my lung capacity is very good.

I think that is one of the most frustrating parts of all of this - I have no symptoms at all. I feel good, overall rather healthy. It is hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I have an illness inside me and I cannot sense it.

I appreciate all of your thoughts and prayers. To have a community who is as supportive of you is extremely moving - thank you! I will continue to update this blog every few days as I learn more - or have something coherent to say.

God Bless.

No comments: