Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Funny of the Week - Sierra naps




Sierra, our oldest, has never been a napper. From the beginning, she has not liked naps and done whatever she could to avoid them.

So on Monday afternoon I went to pick Sierra up from school. It was a typical pick-up. I got there a few minutes early, looked at the construction being done on the building, visited with some of the parents, and waited for her to come out.

Her class was late, but eventually she came. She took my hand, as she does every day, and we walked hand-in-hand to the car talking about how her day went.

Then she said, "I have something silly to tell you dad."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Well today, during our Take 5 time, I took a nap."

"What?"

"I laid down by the magazine rack, and I just fell asleep. No pillow or anything. I was tired."

Sierra, the non-napper took a nap at school. I was shocked.

But I was also impressed with the teacher who told her to lie down since she was so tired. A tired Sierra is a cranky Sierra, and after her nap she was much better I am sure.

So, the funny of the week for me is imagining Sierra, lying on the floor of her classroom taking a nap. I am sure this will never happen again.

Of course, I never would have thought it would have happened this time, either.

No comments: