Friday, March 15, 2013

Another Biopsy



So this week I added another doctor to my collection.

Yes, with all of the doctors I now have, I consider them as a collection, a collection of medical profession who are having a lot of fun trying to care for me and all of my strange ailments.

So this week I added a dermatologist to the mix. He is a great doctor, Scarlett saw him a while back, and now I get to see him on a regular basis too.

Let's back up. On Monday I had my six month check up with my regular doctor. Overall everything is going very well. But I have this spot on my cheek, so I pointed it out to her and she said, yup, it might be something. You need to go and see a dermatologist.

So I made an appointment and got in three days later. He looked and it and said it is one of two things - pre-cancerous or cancerous, and we won't know until we do a biopsy.

That meant another needle and another cut. Luckily I am quite used to this now, and it really was nothing compared to what I have gone through before.

He also said that if if is cancer, then there are a variety of treatments, all of which are much simpler than what I have gone through in the past.

I will get the results in about 10 days, then find out what the next step is.

Now in the big picture, this is not all that big of a deal. I have gone through a lot worse, I have had more difficult biopsies, I have had treatments that were much harder than what I might have here.

But man, enough is enough.

I'm just getting tired of it all. Another issue, another test, another thing to do.

I am ready for a break.

And then I came into the office today, and I started to look at what I really needed to focus on - my Easter sermon.

What a good grounding that was.

Yes, this is another issue and will add a little stress to everything else that is going on, but the promise of the empty tomb shatters even that darkness, gives hope, and inspires to move all of us forward.

So I will continue on this medical journey, again. I will get the results and do what needs to be done. And above all I will rest in the hope that Christ gives - I am here with you, every step of the way, and I always will be.

No comments: