Monday, March 4, 2013

Looking into the Eye




Today I had an appoint with my eye doc in Madison. It was a normal appointment to see what has been happening with the spot behind my left eye.

I was the first appontment of the day, so I thought it would be quick. I was wrong.

The first two tests went quite quickly - both of which were pcitures of my eye and what is behind my eye. It was the third test that took forever.

That was the ultrasound of the eyball. Not the test itself was quick, it was the 30 minutes of waiting for the tech that slowed it down.

The ultrasound is a strage test all around. They put some goop on a probe then roll it all over your eyelid and eyeball. I am used to it by now, but it is a very odd sensation.

The doctor looked at everything and the verdict is quite positive. the fluid build up behind the eye continues to shrink. There is some damage to the eye that is not repairable, but with glasses I still have very good vision.

The doctor said this pill I am on is reaching the spot behind my eye, and that is quite impressive. Very few pills work this well with the eye, since it is a hard place for medication to reach.

So another positive result and step forward. Blessings abound.

No comments: