Tuesday, January 15, 2013

14 and 15 - Swim Lessons and Humor


Go to full-size image



Day 14: Swim lessons

11Then Jesus took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he distributed them to those who were seated; so also the fish, as much as they wanted.
                                                                                                John 6:11

Monday night is swim lesson night for the girls. It has been this way basically since Sierra was three. Now both girls have their own classes and both are continuing to grow into amazing fish. Scarlett is moving past her fear of jumping in, Sierra is learning the butterfly and has talked about being a life guard when she is big enough.

I love sitting there, watching them swim and have such a great time. It brings a smile to my face.

So today I celebrate the blessing of swim lessons, and the girls having so much fun in the water.

What sport or exercise is a blessing to you?

Day 15: Humor

19Open to me the gates of righteousness,
that I may enter through them
and give thanks to the LORD.
                                                Psalm 118:19

Life can be depressing.

It really can.

There are so many bad things that happen at times. So many trials and struggles. It can really drag me down.

So I often search out a way to try and smile during the tough times. There are some web sites I go to that are filled with humorous posts, there are people I sit and talk with there are shows that I watch and podcast I listen to.

There are many different things, and I know that I need to search them out because humor is an amazing blessing that helps to give life.

So today I celebrate the blessing of humor.

What do you find funny?

No comments: