Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 9 - Kingdom


Go to full-size image


Day 9:

28Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us give thanks, by which we offer to God an acceptable worship with reverence and awe.
                                                                                                Hebrews 12:28

The phrase “a kingdom that cannot be shaken” is sticking with me today.

So much of the world is shaken. From earthquakes and tsunamis, to cheating heros and dishonorable politicians, there are times it seems like everything we hold dear is shaken, and maybe even broken.

But then I hear this word from God, a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and a sense of peace flows over me. For I am reminded that God’s kingdom, God’s peace, God’s love is here to stay.

There will be times when the pains and struggles of life coming rushing up to face me, but even in those times there is that voice crying out in the darkness, the voice of the true light that brightens all of creation, and it is a voice that calls out with words of love and peace.

You are my beloved.

So today I look for the blessings of this kingdom that is coming to us, and I pray that my eyes may continually be opened to see this kingdom in the lives and faces of others.

What blessings have given you a sense of peace and comfort over the past few days?

No comments: