Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 7 - Necessities



Day 7:

16Rejoice always, 17pray without ceasing, 18give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Give thanks in all circumstances. Sometimes this is a hard one for me to do. It is so easy to not always give thanks, but rather, to dwell on the bad things that happen in life. But I have also learned that if I dwell on these things, if ignore the blessings, then my life starts down a negative cycle that I really want not part of.

So this morning, I am focusing on the blessings of life no matter what, and as soon as I got up, I was challenged with it.

I was huling out some stinky garbage before the girls got up, and as soon as I opened the door I was blasted with a breath of cold air. The past few days have been quite chilly, and the coldness this morning was a temptation to not give thanks and see the blessings of the morning.

But as I hauled the garbage out and then quickly moved back to the house, I was reminded of the blessings of heat and warm clothing. Not everyone has what they need, and I have extras.

So today I am celebrating the blessings of the necessities of life – necessities like heat and clothing. I am blessed to have what I do have, and need to look at ways I can share my extras with others.

What are some of the basic things in life that you take for granted?


No comments: