Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3 - Church



 

Day 3: Church

11You will be enriched in every way for your great generosity, which will produce thanksgiving to God through us; 12for the rendering of this ministry not only supplies the needs of the saints but also overflows with many thanksgivings to God.
                                                                                    2 Corinthians 9:11-12

The past year I was re-diagnosed with lung cancer and had to undergo radiation and start a new medication. Once again this congregation showered us with prayers and support that was amazing. Thinking back to all they have done still brings tears to my eyes.

Today I am thankful for the blessings of the church, especially this part of the Body of Christ, this congregation. We have seen the best of the church over and over again. I am truly grateful and thankful for this part of the body, the church, and for all that you mean to me.  Being who they are and doing what they do, this congregation has demonstrated the love and compassion that is at the heart of what it means to be a Christian. I pray all people may experience this in their lives, and I am thankful that I have.

Is there a part of the Body of Christ that has blessed you? If so, in what way?

No comments: