Friday, January 11, 2013

Day 11 - Craft Time

Go to full-size image



Day 11: Craft Time

7The LORD is my strength and my shield;
in him my heart trusts;
so I am helped, and my heart exults,
and with my song I give thanks to him.
                                                Psalm 28:7

Our two girls are busy.

Very busy.

Our littlest, well, she never stops. She likes to run and play and sing and dance. Even when she is eating, she twirls in her chair and hums tunes or tells stories (and as a parent it is cute, but at times frustrating).

And some of the most difficult days we have are days when we cannot get outside.

The girls need to run and burn off energy, and if they don’t, we better have a plan in place.

So today I am seeing the blessings of craft time.

I like crafts. I am not very good at them, but I like them. I like to be able to sit with the girls and create something that I see as absolutely beautiful.

And more than the crafts, it is the time with them. The time watching them work on something and build something that comes to life right in front of us.

So today it is the blessing of craft time that I celebrate.

What blessing of creativity do you have?

No comments: