Thursday, January 24, 2013

24 - Garbage Day


Day 24: Garbage Day

4Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him, bless his name.
Psalm 100:4

Today is garbage day in our neighborhood, and so today I am thankful for those who take care of the garbage for me. This is one of those things that I do not think about often, I just haul the cans to the end of the driveway and pick them up a few hours later. But to live in a place where the garbage is taken care of and not just lying in the streets - it is a true blessing.

It is also a blessing when the girls decide they want to help haul the garbage out with me in the morning. It might make for a little more work, but to see them take pride in helping dad with this chore – priceless.

What part of modern day life do you often overlook, but now see as a blessing?

No comments: