Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 - Worship




Day 5: Worship

10Then David blessed the LORD in the presence of all the assembly; David said: "Blessed are you, O LORD, the God of our ancestor Israel, forever and ever… 13And now, our God, we give thanks to you and praise your glorious name.
                                                                        1 Chronicles 29:10,13

On a typical Sunday, I am the first one up at our house. I get ready and then head into the office around 5:45 am. When I get here I go through my morning rituals - making coffee, prayers, drinking coffee, getting the worship space set up, drinking more coffee, and the list goes on. Then the rest of the family comes in and the girls have breakfast in my office before their sitter shows up, and then we are off and running for the three morning services.

I love the routine of Sunday. I love being able to come in early and spend some time silently in the building before worship starts. I love having the girls in my office as they eat and get ready for a long morning at church. I love the people who come and care for Sierra and Scarlett, who make time on Sunday morning to get up early and play with two little girls. And I love worship.

And so, today I am reflection on the blessings of worship - with its wonderful variety and different styles. I am thankful to have the opportunity to gather with brothers and sisters, friends and strangers, and sing and pray and hear the life-giving word. Yes, worship is a true blessing and I am thankful for that blessing this morning.

How does worship speak to you and what blessings do you received from this gathering?

No comments: