Thursday, April 18, 2013

Being Fed - Reading Time



I love to read. I bring my I-pad with me everywhere and I always have something on there to read - a novel, a theology book, a blog, a paper, a magazine ... Something that I can dive into even if it is for a short amount of time.

And  want to share that love of reading with my girls, which seems to be working. When Sierra wakes up in the morning and it is not yet 7:00, she pulls out a book and reads. And Scarlett is jumping in with both feet, she is sounding out words and reading like a champ for a four-year-old.

And reading feeds me.

Sometimes I am fed with the life of the characters that I enter into with the fiction books I read. Other times I am fed by reading authors I agree with, or disagree with, and challenge my beliefs. I am fed by having my mind expanded, my horizons broadened, my world made bigger.

I am reminded that there is always something new to learn out there, and being able to read about it helps me to grow in so many different ways.

What do you read on a regular basis that has an impact on you?

No comments: