Thursday, April 4, 2013

Being Fed



One of the great joys I have in life is being able to sit down with people, have a cup of coffee, and talk, just talk, about life, faith and anything else we feel like talking about.

Because of the busy-ness of being pastor, I don't always get that chance to just sit and talk. Over the years I have learned that I actually have to schedule this time, time to go to the coffee shop and visit with folks.

So a couple of times a month I head out to either Starbucks or Bagels and More and invite people to join me. We will sit there for an hour or so, sitting, talking, building relationships, and overall just having a good time. I have gotten to know a number of people quite a bit better through these times, and I have also been fed.

Sometimes I am moving in so many different directions, I need to be slowed down and reminded about why I do what I do.

I need to reflect on how what I teach and say and preach relates to everyday.

I need to be fed with coffee and conversation.

What is it that feeds you?

No comments: