Thursday, April 25, 2013

Being Fed - Yardwork



Growing up one of my summer jobs was running a lawn care business. I would spend my summers mowing, trimming, planting weeding, and watering. It was a great job, and I loved what I did.

Then I burned out, and I took a break from lawn care. Too long of a break.

But lately I have gotten back into it, and I love it. I love working up a sweat in the yard, seeing a job done, and done well. Watching the flowers bloom and working the yard so that the grass is beautiful.

For the past few years we have been collecting all of the tree limbs that have fallen in the yard in a massive pile behind the garage. Every once in a while a friend would come and removed some of it. Well, yesterday I decided to make a dent in that pile. So Scarlett and I loaded up a couple of truckloads and brought them out to a friend's burn pit. When I was done, I felt great. I was dirty, sweaty, had some cuts on me, and I felt like I had accomplished something.

I love that feeling.

I feds me, gives me strength, and gets me ready for the week.

Is there something physical you do that feeds you?

No comments: