Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Scarlett, Star Wars, and Duck Dynasty



As I said yesterday, we are on vacation this week. So my funny of the week comes from before Easter.

My kids bring me an amazing amount of joy, and the words that come out of their mouths, well, they are priceless.

A while ago I thought it was my fatherly duty to introduce the girls to Star Wars. These are classic movies, and, well, all children should be exposed to this cinematic wonderland.

So we went to the library to check it out, and Sierra was less than enthused, but decided to humor me. Scarlett had no idea what was going on, but didn't really care either.

So we go home and Sierra, Jennifer and I started watching Star Wars while Scarlett napped. I loved it, Sierra, again, wasn't quite sure about it.

When Scarlett woke up she came down and watched  a few minutes of it. Got into the plot, as she often does with shows, and was enjoying it.

Then we had other stuff to do. So we would finish the movie later.

That evening I was watching a little bit of Duck Dynasty, a "reality" show that makes me laugh. It was an episode where two guys take their wives hunting and it is a disaster.

Scarlett saw a little bit of it. Then she boldly said, I want to go hunting and kill a deer and eat it for dinner.
 

Jennifer responded by saying that killing means making the deer dead. You don't wanna do that.

Scarlett then said,  Oh. No. But in Star Wars, they killed the bad guys and ate them for dinner.


 I think it would be good if I didn't combine those two shows again in the future.

No comments: