Monday, April 8, 2013

Mentors in the Faith


First Lutheran Church of St. Peter - Saint Peter, MN


When I was in college I went through a major time of searching. Entering college I was not an active Christian. I had been baptized and confirmed in the Episcopal faith, but didn't actively attend anywhere.

There were a number of things going on in life, and I started searching for a deeper meaning of life. It was at that time that I would up at First Lutheran in St. Peter, MN.

How I got there is a long story, I will save that for another time.

As I attended there I got to know the pastor, Mark Solyst. Over the next couple of years  I spent a fair amount of time with Mark, talking with him, talking faith, and dealing with my questions and even some of my demons,

Part of the reason I wound up going to seminary and becoming a pastor is because of Mark. He was a mentor in my faith and I will always appreciate everything he did for me those years.

Who has been a mentor for you in your faith life?

No comments: