As I look back on the past week I am reminded of the joy of the little things in life. Here are some of the things that gave me joy:
- Being able to sleep in the car. We drove 17 hours straight on vacation and I was able to get a few hours of sleep, even if it was uncomfortable. Without that sleep I would have been really grumpy, or grumpier, if I hadn't.
- Watching Scarlett bark like a dog. Yeah, she pretends she a dog often and when she gets on all fours and barks, well, it makes me laugh.
- Swim lessons - watching the girls grow in their swim ability gives me great joy
- An embrace from Jennifer - another little thing, but there are times when a hug, a touch, a kiss from her just lights up my day
- Getting something done - there are days when I don't feel like I accomplish anything, and when I do get something substantial done I feel great.
- Sleep - When I was on vacation I slept great, I love having a good night sleep and the energy it gives me.
What are some of your joys over the past week?